There are certain operations that, due to their degree of technicality, are better performed by a mechanical professional. When carrying them out, safety is at stake, both in the maintenance or repair process and during the circulation. There are very simple maintenance tasks that every driver can do, such as changing the windshield wiper or refilling the oil.
However, there are operations that at first may not seem so complicated but must also be performed by a mechanic to avoid scares. These are some of them:
- Change bulbs, especially xenon. In some cars, you have to disassemble the entire headlight to change this type of lighting. Also, if it is xenon, there is a danger of discharge.
- Replace the battery in a task that may seem simple to do it yourself. However, being a key part of the vehicle, it is recommended that it be carried out by a professional so that there are no failures in its installation.
- Change the oil and its filter. Although the change can make, the waste management established in the regulations must take into account. In Norauto we store the oil properly for later recycling. We recycle approximately 98% of used oil, reusing it as raw material or biofuel.
- Change brake pads and discs. Keep in mind that the brakes are one of the most important safety elements of the car and, therefore, it is better than this change to be made by a professional. In addition to knowledge, you must have all the necessary utensils, such as an elevator.
- Change tires. It may seem a more or less simple task. However, it is better not to do it if you do not have the total certainty of carrying it out correctly since they are also essential for safety. Also, it must bear in mind that it may be necessary to perform a balanced and parallel process later.
- Replace shock absorbers. This operation must be carried out properly in a workshop, where the necessary tools are.
- Change the distribution (belt or kit). It is a more complex operation and, if not done properly, can spoil the engine of our vehicle.
- Recharge the air conditioner. It is necessary to have a machine available in the workshops. There are several types of gas, and using one that is not suitable can be dangerous. Keep in mind that the gas is flammable, and its handling is dangerous.
- Change the water pump. It did with the distribution.
- Change brake fluid. It is a task that can be complicated and that a mechanical professional can perform without problems.
Remember that it is important always to take safety measures and equip yourself properly before performing mechanical operations on your car. If you are not sure about the procedures to be performed, contact a professional.